Proxy Management is a web-based system that allows students to grant others access to selected student records and/or to the Student Account.
Through Proxy Management, students can grant others the ability to
- access YalePay to view the Student Account and make payments online
- see the Student Account History
- view grades
- see holds that have been placed on the student’s Yale accounts
Establishing proxy access
Before the proxy can view a student’s records or pay bills in YalePay, two processes must be completed:
- The student must authorize access.
- The intended proxy must accept access.
Authorizing proxy access
To authorize another person to access records or pay bills, a student must:
- Log into SIS.
- Click the “Proxy Management” tab.
- Review the authorization statement and click “Add Proxy.”
- Enter name and email for those who will have access. When finished, click “Add Proxy.” This will generate an email to the proxy titled “Proxy Access Authorization”.
- Click the proxy name to reveal the Profile and Authorization tabs.
- On the Profile tab, select “Proxy” for relationship type.
- On the Authorization tab, select the access you would like the proxy to have.
Accepting and using proxy access
To accept the access authorized by a student, a proxy must:
- Open the email titled “Proxy Access Authorization,” sent from email@example.com.
- Click on the Web link sent in the email.
- Enter the “Action Password” given in the email.
- Enter the following:
- an email address
- the “Action Password” as the “Old PIN”
- a new PIN (twice to validate)
When finished click “Save.”
- Review profile information and enter a birthdate. When finished, click “Save.”
After accepting access, an authorized proxy can view available student information via the
Contacts and support
For help with access and system features, email firstname.lastname@example.org
For help with grades, email email@example.com
Commonly asked questions
Are grade reports mailed?
No. Grade reports are available to non-students exclusively through Proxy Access.
Can a proxy order transcripts?
Only a student can order an official University transcript. More information on transcript orders is available on the University Registrar’s Office website.
Can a proxy speak to administrators at Yale on a student’s behalf?
Students can assign and email their proxy a passphrase. The proxy can then use the passphrase to speak with a representative in the following offices only: University Registrar’s Office, Student Accounts, and University Financial Aid.
Can a proxy request a letter of enrollment?
Only a student can order a letter of enrollment. More information on enrollment verifications is available on the University Registrar’s Office website.