Proxy Management is a web-based system that allows students to grant others access to selected student records and/or to the Student Account.
Through Proxy Management, students can grant others the ability to
- access YalePay to view the Student Account and make payments online
- view grades
- see holds that have been placed on the student’s Yale accounts
Establishing Proxy Access
Before the proxy can view a student’s records or pay bills in YalePay, two processes must be completed:
- The student must authorize access.
- The intended proxy must accept access.
Authorizing Proxy Access
To authorize another person to access records or pay bills, a student must:
- Log into SIS
- Click “Proxy Management”
- Select “Add New”
- Enter proxy name and email for the person who will have access. Select “Proxy” for the relationship type. Select the data you are authorizing your proxy to view.
- You may enter a passphrase that your proxy can use if they elect to call the University with questions about your account.
- Click the Submit button. This will generate an email to the proxy with instructions to access your information.
Accepting and Using Proxy Access
To accept the access authorized by a student, a proxy must:
- Proxy receives two emails from email@example.com, one with subject as “New proxy confirmation” with the initial password, another email with subject as “New proxy identity” which has URL to Proxy login screen.
- Click on the web link sent in the “New proxy identity” email.
- Enter the “initial password” sent in “New proxy confirmation” email.
- Enter the following:
- your email address
- the “initial password”
- a new password
- validate password
- When finished click “Submit.”
- You will be presented with Proxy Login screen. Enter your email address and the new password to sign in.
- Your Proxy Personal Information will be presented. Enter your birthdate and click “Submit” which will bring you to Proxy Home page.
After accepting access, an authorized proxy can view available student information via the
Contacts and support
For help with access and system features, email firstname.lastname@example.org(link sends e-mail)
For help with grades, email email@example.com(link sends e-mail)
Commonly asked questions:
Are grade reports mailed?
No. Grade reports are available to non-students exclusively through Proxy Access.
Can a proxy order transcripts?
Only a student can order an official University transcript. More information on transcript orders is available on the University Registrar’s Office website.
Can a proxy speak to administrators at Yale on a student’s behalf?
Students can assign and email their proxy a passphrase. The proxy can then use the passphrase to speak with a representative in the following offices only: University Registrar’s Office, Student Accounts, and University Financial Aid.
Can a proxy request a letter of enrollment?
Only a student can order a letter of enrollment. More information on enrollment verifications is available on the University Registrar’s Office website.